Spring Show 2020
There is a Spring Show for members, a very informal event that fills the May monthly meeting. The emphasis is on taking part rather than fierce competition.
- 3 stems of long trumpet daffodils or large capped – all the same variety
- 3 stems small cupped daffodils, same or mixed variety
- 3 multi stemmed cultivars any variety
- 3 stems any other class not included in the above
- Vase of 6 tulips any variety
- 3 stems of primula or primrose any one variety
- 5 Spring flowers each of a different variety (not daffodils or shrub)
- A pot of Spring flowering bulbs
- 6 winter flowering Pansies or Violass
- Flowering Pot Plant – pot not to exceed 8” (200mm) internal diameter Excluding cactus/succulent or orchid
- An Orchid in a pot
- Flowering Hyacinth Bulb
- A cactus or succulent in a pot – pot not to exceed 8” (200mm) internal diameter
- A Spring flower arrangement in a basket
- Any vegetable – single specimen
Rules of the Show
- All exhibits must be grown by the exhibitor, except for the Spring Flower arrangement. All pot plants must have been in the possession of the exhibitor for at least 3 months.
- No exhibitor is allowed more than one entry in each class, except in class 10, class 11 and class 13 where multiple entries will be accepted.